PMRG Code of Conduct
To advance the principles, practice and power of marketing research and be able to position ourselves to drive better business decisions. PMRG members must be of the highest ethical standard. The PMRG Code of Conduct requires members to maintain the highest level of standards within the PMRG community and within each member’s role as a business decision leader in bio-pharma marketing research.
Acceptance of the Code of Conduct is a condition of new/renewing membership. Specifically, upon registering as a new or renewing PMRG member, each individual is required to review, complete and agree to the PMRG Code of Conduct set forth below. PMRG anticipates that it may amend the Code of Conduct from time to time, all pursuant to procedures to be established within PMRG. In each of those instances members will become automatically bound to the amended Code of Conduct, although they will be notified of the pertinent amendment and will be given an opportunity to opt out of membership if they feel that the Code, as so amended, is not suitable for them.
All PMRG members must accept and adhere to this PMRG Code of Conduct. As a member of the PMRG, I agree to:
• Obey applicable PMRG by-laws, policies and procedures.
• Obey federal, state, local and international laws in regard to their professional behavior.
• Be honest, fair and trustworthy in all PMRG activities and relationships.
• Embrace professional diversity; take no action in their business dealings to discriminate against individuals on the grounds of race, gender, religion, age, disability, national origin or other similar factors.
• Be accountable in their business dealings and take responsibilities for commitments, actions and consequences.
• Avoid all conflict of interest between PMRG, work and/or personal affairs.
• Strive to create and sustain a business culture where ethical conduct is recognized, valued and exemplified by all members PMRG.
• Honor and protect confidential information and intellectual property of PMRG and of other members.
CASRO Code of Standards and Ethics for Survey Research
PMRG members are also encouraged to abide by the Code of Standards and Ethics for Survey Research of the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO), as that Code may be amended from time to time. That Code currently appears on the Internet at www.casro.org/codeofstandards.cfm.
During the application process, members affirm that they have read, understand and agree to follow the principles of honesty, professionalism, fairness and confidentiality that are set forth in the PMRG Code of Conduct. Members further understand that not conforming to this Code may result in termination of their membership in PMRG.