PMRG Government Affairs (GA) Committee
Goal: The primary mission of the Government Affairs Committee is to serve as a permanent volunteer committee that proactively monitors and assesses evolving state and federal government policy initiatives that are of relevance to the healthcare market research profession. In addition, the committee will, when appropriate, advocate on behalf of PMRG membership with relevant policy officials.
1) Communicate and educate PMRG membership about legislative and regulatory activity affecting pharmaceutical marketing research, including:
- Monitoring legislative, judicial, regulatory, and statutory measures affecting the marketing research profession at the state and federal level.
- Providing regular updates to membership through OC, email alerts, and meetings.
- Sharing changes to statutes and/or policies that may impact pharmaceutical marketing research practices. Such changes could come from:
- Information gleaned from committee members via available media outlets, various websites dedicated to policy making, and other sources, and/or
- Leads gained from staffed MRA and CASRO government affairs personnel.
2) Provide an appropriate response to policy- and lawmakers to advance the interests and needs of our profession, including:
- Proactively informing policymakers and lawmakers of our issues and proposed solutions.
- Hiring outside firm(s) to lobby legislative and regulatory bodies when policy with adverse consequences for pharmaceutical marketing research arises. A proposal for the engagement of such a firm requires the financial approval and support of the Board.
- Coordinating appropriate member action such as letter writing to representatives, in-person meetings with state/federal representatives, signing petitions, collaboration with MRA and/or CASRO efforts, etc.